AAAAI President Featured in USA Today “Asthma & Allergies” Supplement
AAAAI President, David B. Peden, MD, MS, FAAAAI, was featured in an article in the USA Today Supplement “Asthma & Allergies.” His foreword included information on the prevalence of allergic disease and emphasized the benefits of seeing a board certified allergist/immunologist. To view the article, click here.
AAAAI Fellow Leads Study Investigating Cancer Drug as Asthma Treatment
In a recent study in the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM), lead investigator Elliot M. Israel, MD, FAAAAI, and his team looked into the possibility of using the cancer drug imatinib, commonly called Gleevec, as a possible treatment for severe refractory asthma. Patients on imatinib with severe asthma had decreased airway hyperresponsiveness, mast-cell counts and tryptase release compared to the placebo group. The study involved 62 patients. Half of the patients were treated with the drug and 8 of those patients dropped out. To learn more, read the article on STAT or view the article “KIT Inhibition by Imatinib in Patients with Severe Refractory Asthma” on NEJM’s website.
- Get an Employment and Human Resources Legal Primer
- Get Ready for the 2018 Joint Congress: Abstract and NEW Case Report Submission Opening Soon
- Introducing “Eczema and Contact Dermatitis in the Allergy/Immunology Practice”
- An Opportunity to Join JACI: Apply for the New Web and Social Media Editor Position
- Have a $240,000 Idea?
- The Best Funding for Research is Free
- CMS Approves AAAAI QCDR
- Access Key Sessions You Missed at the 2017 Annual Meeting
- Looking for the Next Step in Your Career?