AAAAI President Featured in USA Today “Asthma & Allergies” Supplement
AAAAI President, David B. Peden, MD, MS, FAAAAI, was featured in an article in the USA Today Supplement “Asthma & Allergies.” His foreword included information on the prevalence of allergic disease and emphasized the benefits of seeing a board certified allergist/immunologist. To view the article, click here.
AAAAI Fellow Leads Study Investigating Cancer Drug as Asthma Treatment
In a recent study in the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM), lead investigator Elliot M. Israel, MD, FAAAAI, and his team looked into the possibility of using the cancer drug imatinib, commonly called Gleevec, as a possible treatment for severe refractory asthma. Patients on imatinib with severe asthma had decreased airway hyperresponsiveness, mast-cell counts and tryptase release compared to the placebo group. The study involved 62 patients. Half of the patients were treated with the drug and 8 of those patients dropped out. To learn more, read the article on STAT or view the article “KIT Inhibition by Imatinib in Patients with Severe Refractory Asthma” on NEJM’s website.
- Meet the New AAAAI Website and Social Media Medical Editors
- You Have Three Days to Submit Your Late Breaking Abstract
- Advance Your Emerging Career in Research
- The AAAAI Foundation Earns a Spot in the Top Percent of Charities
- Discover Your Potential at the Career Connections Job Fair
- Highlight an Extraordinary Colleague’s Work
- We Want to Help You Ace the Boards
- Use the 2017 Virtual Annual Meeting to Claim End of Year MOC
- Connect with Your Next Employer