AAAAI President Featured in USA Today “Asthma & Allergies” Supplement
AAAAI President, David B. Peden, MD, MS, FAAAAI, was featured in an article in the USA Today Supplement “Asthma & Allergies.” His foreword included information on the prevalence of allergic disease and emphasized the benefits of seeing a board certified allergist/immunologist. To view the article, click here.
AAAAI Fellow Leads Study Investigating Cancer Drug as Asthma Treatment
In a recent study in the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM), lead investigator Elliot M. Israel, MD, FAAAAI, and his team looked into the possibility of using the cancer drug imatinib, commonly called Gleevec, as a possible treatment for severe refractory asthma. Patients on imatinib with severe asthma had decreased airway hyperresponsiveness, mast-cell counts and tryptase release compared to the placebo group. The study involved 62 patients. Half of the patients were treated with the drug and 8 of those patients dropped out. To learn more, read the article on STAT or view the article “KIT Inhibition by Imatinib in Patients with Severe Refractory Asthma” on NEJM’s website.
- Joint Congress Updates: Early Bird Pricing Ends Tomorrow, Abstracts Now Available
- Visit the Education Station or Practice Resources Corner in Orlando
- View the 2018 Honorary Award Recipients
- Last Chance to Pre-Register for AAAAI Foundation Events
- Have You Renewed Your Membership for 2018?
- Coming Soon: Prepare Your 2019 Annual Meeting Proposals and Register for the Practice Management Workshop
- Limited Availability: Register for ACAAI/AAAAI Joint Board Review Course Today
- View February’s Featured Jobs and Attend the Career Connections Job Fair