Application Period Extended: Join Leading A/I Experts at the Hypersensitivity Summer School
Senior fellows-in-training and junior faculty, are you looking to jump start in your career in allergy/immunology (A/I) research? Apply for the 2018 AAAAI Hypersensitivity Summer School taking place August 9-12 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
Participants will receive individual mentorship from top researchers in the field, including:
- A. Wesley Burks, MD, FAAAAI
- James E. Gern, MD, FAAAAI
- Gurjit K. Khurana Hershey, MD, PhD, FAAAAI
- Elizabeth C. Matsui, MD, MHS
- Michael Minnicozzi, PhD
- AAAAI Immediate Past-President David B. Peden, MD, MS, FAAAAI
- Stokes Peebles, MD, FAAAAI
- Thomas A.E. Platts-Mills, MD, PhD, FAAAAI
- AAAAI Executive Vice President Thomas A. Fleisher, MD, FAAAAI
- Alkis Togias, MD, FAAAAI
The faculty will discuss academic career development, National Institutes of Health grants and work-life balance.
This activity can serve as a pipeline to your successful academic career in A/I. Anthony S. Fauci, MD, FAAAAI, the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), singled out the AAAAI Hypersensitivity Summer School as extremely successful in facilitating productive academic careers in the specialty.
This prestigious program is open to 30 emerging A/I professionals. Participants will present and discuss their recent or current research, learn about the benefits and challenges of a research career, and network with peers and established academic researchers.
As part of our mission to support the future of the specialty, the AAAAI has eliminated the financial burden associated with participation. Participants will receive grants to cover most—if not all—of the cost of attending including transportation, lodging and meals for the duration of the program.
Click here to learn which members are eligible or submit an application. All applications are due Friday, March 30.
- See What’s New at the 2018 Practice Management Workshop
- Provide Your Thoughts on the Future of Board Certification
- New for Members! Bookmark Your Most Used Pages on the AAAAI Website
- New AHRQ Report: Intermittent Inhaled Corticosteroids and Long-Acting Muscarinic Antagonists for Asthma
- Did You Claim Your Credits from the Joint Congress?
- Earn Free CME with Making IT Count Series
- Are You in Our Photos from Orlando?
- Find Your Next Career Move