Application Period Extended: Join Leading A/I Experts at the Hypersensitivity Summer School
Senior fellows-in-training and junior faculty, are you looking to jump start in your career in allergy/immunology (A/I) research? Apply for the 2018 AAAAI Hypersensitivity Summer School taking place August 9-12 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
Participants will receive individual mentorship from top researchers in the field, including:
- A. Wesley Burks, MD, FAAAAI
- James E. Gern, MD, FAAAAI
- Gurjit K. Khurana Hershey, MD, PhD, FAAAAI
- Elizabeth C. Matsui, MD, MHS
- Michael Minnicozzi, PhD
- AAAAI Immediate Past-President David B. Peden, MD, MS, FAAAAI
- Stokes Peebles, MD, FAAAAI
- Thomas A.E. Platts-Mills, MD, PhD, FAAAAI
- AAAAI Executive Vice President Thomas A. Fleisher, MD, FAAAAI
- Alkis Togias, MD, FAAAAI
The faculty will discuss academic career development, National Institutes of Health grants and work-life balance.
This activity can serve as a pipeline to your successful academic career in A/I. Anthony S. Fauci, MD, FAAAAI, the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), singled out the AAAAI Hypersensitivity Summer School as extremely successful in facilitating productive academic careers in the specialty.
This prestigious program is open to 30 emerging A/I professionals. Participants will present and discuss their recent or current research, learn about the benefits and challenges of a research career, and network with peers and established academic researchers.
As part of our mission to support the future of the specialty, the AAAAI has eliminated the financial burden associated with participation. Participants will receive grants to cover most—if not all—of the cost of attending including transportation, lodging and meals for the duration of the program.
Click here to learn which members are eligible or submit an application. All applications are due Friday, March 30.
- Be Aware of the Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray Recall and Shortage of Sterile Water for Injection
- You Can Now View Recordings from the 2018 AAAAI/WAO Joint Congress
- Get Practice Management Tips while Networking with Colleagues from across the Country
- Want to Dive Deeper into Your Research?
- AAAAI’s Hands-on Training Stations Recognized in ACCME Newsletter
- View This Month’s Featured Careers