Venom Extracts Will Not Be Interrupted/Reduced
On March 1 the ACAAI and the AAAAI sent a joint announcement on ALK’s departure from the North American venom extract market. This created initial concern that the previous short-term shortage would become long-term, affecting the care of thousands of venom allergic patients.
Fortunately, through the cooperation of Hollister-Stier with ALK and the FDA, the supply of venom extracts will not be interrupted or reduced. Hollister-Stier has provided not only reassurance, but ample evidence of their efforts to increase and improve their production of venom extracts - and to minimize the chance of future shortages. They claim to have sufficient supply on hand and in production to meet the total US demand.
As a result, allergists should not hesitate to prescribe and maintain full dose venom immunotherapy at normal intervals and to resume treatment if treatment had been interrupted. Rather than a permanent shortage we have been assured of an abundant supply.
- Claim Your Credits from the 2018 AAAAI/WAO Joint Congress
- Become a Deputy Editor for The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- Venom Extracts Will Not Be Interrupted/Reduced
- Submit Your Ideas for the 2019 Annual Meeting
- Register for the 2018 Practice Management Workshop
- Check Out Our New Online Courses Available for CME/CE Credit
- Did You Run for Research? See Your Race Time.
- Application Period Extended: Join Leading A/I Experts at the Hypersensitivity Summer School
- You Can Still Catch Sessions with the Virtual Joint Congress
- Register for the ACAAI/AAAAI Joint Board Review Course Before It Sells Out
- We Can Help You Find the Next Step in Your Career