Get a Sneak Peek of the 2018 AAAAI/WAO Joint Congress Plenaries
The AAAAI and World Allergy Organization (WAO) are proud to announce the 2018 AAAAI/WAO Joint Congress plenaries. Many of the plenaries are related to this year’s theme: Global Environmental Change and Respiratory Health. The Joint Congress will be held March 2-5 in Orlando, Florida.
2018 AAAAI/WAO Plenary Schedule
Environmental Impacts on Asthma: Biology to Intervention
Friday, March 2
Moderated by AAAAI President David B. Peden, MD, MS, FAAAAI, and WAO President-Elect Ignacio J. Ansotegui MD, PhD, with topics including: Epigenetic Changes Ascribed to Pollutant Exposures by Rachel L. Miller, MD, FAAAAI; Indoor Home Remediations and Interventions by Elizabeth Matsui, MD; and Approaches to Mitigating Pollutant Effects on Disease by David B. Peden, MD, MS, FAAAAI.
Asthma and Allergic Disorders in an Environment of Continuous Climate Change
Saturday, March 3
Moderated by WAO President Mario M. Sanchez-Borges, MD, FAAAAI, and AAAAI President David B. Peden, MD, MS, FAAAAI, with topics including: Chemical and Biological Pollution: Exposure and Prevention by Isabella Annesi-Maesano, MD, PhD, DSc; The Effect of Climate Change on Pollen Allergy and Respiratory Allergic Diseases by Nelson A. Rosario, MD, PhD, FAAAAI; and Pollens and Molds as Trigger Factors of Severe Asthma and Near Fatal Asthma: The Role of Climate Change by Gennaro M. D'Amato, MD, FAAAAI.
Environmental Influences on Innate Immunity-Insights and Mechanisms
Sunday, March 4
Moderated by Lanny J. Rosenwasser, MD, FAAAAI, and Gurjit K. Khurana Hershey, MD, PhD, FAAAAI, with topics including: Trained Innate Immunity-Environmental Effects and Implications by Mihai M. Netea, MD, PhD; Environmental and Agricultural Modifications of Macrophage Functions: Impact on Innate Immunity Jill A. Poole, MD, FAAAAI; and Systems Immunology: Data Modeling to Understand Human Disease by Atul M. Butte, MD, PhD.
Cutting Edge-Food Allergy Pathogenesis, Diagnosis and Therapy
Monday, March 5
Moderated by Anna H. Nowak-Wegrzyn, MD, PhD, FAAAAI, and Mimi L.K. Tang, MD, PhD, FAAAAI, with topics including: Immunologic Mechanisms in the Development of Tolerance to Foods by Talal A. Chatila, MD, MSc; Component Resolved Diagnostics for Food Allergy by Motohiro Ebisawa, MD, PhD, FAAAAI; and Emerging Therapies for Food Allergy, Oral Vs Epicutaneous by Stacie M. Jones, MD.
- Joint Congress Updates: Keynote Speaker Announced, Abstract and Case Report Submissions Due August 31
- Want Extra Help Getting to Orlando?
- Make an Impact, Join a Committee
- Enticing the Next Generation of Allergist/Immunologists
- New! The Practice Management Workshop Now Online
- Save the Date: JACI: In Practice Virtual Journal Club Webinar on September 14
- Educate Patients During Our Back-to-School Twitter Chat
- It’s Been a Busy Summer for the AAAAI Foundation
- Apply for Research Awards
- View Sessions from the 2017 Annual Meeting
- Check Out the Latest Opportunities in the Career Connections Center