Get a Sneak Peek of the 2019 Annual Meeting Theme and Plenaries
The 2019 AAAAI Annual Meeting, February 22-25 in San Francisco, California, will focus on one of the most prevalent topics in allergy/immunology: food allergy. The theme will be Food Allergy: Advances in Prevention and Treatment.
It’s an important topic to AAAAI President Robert A. Wood, MD, FAAAAI. His presidential initiatives center around the theme of optimal care for the food allergic patient with a focus on four key areas of need: a rational approach to treatment, optimizing prevention, making an accurate diagnosis, and best practices for the prevention and treatment of anaphylaxis.
In a recent message to AAAAI members Wood remarked, “The timing is perfect as food allergy is playing an increasingly important role in our specialty and this role will only increase as the disease becomes more prevalent and treatments become available.”
The Presidential Plenary, Optimal Care of the Food Allergic Patient, will include the following presentations: Optimal Diagnostic and Testing Strategies to Confirm Food Allergies, Optimal Use of Emerging Treatments for Food Allergy, and Novel Therapies in Development.
Other Annual Meeting plenaries will include:
- Systemic Regulation of Susceptibility and Pathogenesis of Allergic Inflammation
- Outcomes, Education and Healthcare Delivery in Allergic Diseases
- Atopic Dermatitis: Bench to Bedside and Back
The Annual Meeting Program Committee and interest section leadership are currently finalizing the session line-up for the 2019 Annual Meeting. We look forward to sharing program updates with you in future messages.
Did you catch the 2018 AAAAI/WAO Joint Congress Plenaries and Keynote?
The 2018 plenaries and keynote recordings will be available by June 1 with the Virtual Joint Congress. You can pre-purchase the Joint Congress recordings today on the AAAAI’s Continuing Education Center.
- AAAAI’s New Registry, Powered by ArborMetrix, Is Here
- We Have Your Study Guide for the ABAI’s Continuous Assessment Program
- Get a Sneak Peek of the 2019 Annual Meeting Theme and Plenaries
- Code More Efficiently with Tips from the Practice Management Workshop
- Test Your Allergen Immunotherapy Knowledge on Virtual Patients
- Help Your RSL Win Free CME Certification
- Looking for the Next Step in Your Career?