Faculty Development Award Recipient and Team Find Allergy Evaluation Cost-Effective in Unverified Penicillin-Allergic Patients
Kimberly G. Blumenthal, MD, MSc, along with a team of researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital estimated the cost of penicillin allergy evaluation for unverified penicillin-allergic patients. They found that the cost of the procedure may be offset for patients who would otherwise be treated with costly alternative antibiotics which may potentially have additional adverse effects.
Go to Contagion Live to read more coverage or view the study on The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology: In Practice’s website.
- Be Aware of the Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray Recall and Shortage of Sterile Water for Injection
- You Can Now View Recordings from the 2018 AAAAI/WAO Joint Congress
- Get Practice Management Tips while Networking with Colleagues from across the Country
- Want to Dive Deeper into Your Research?
- AAAAI’s Hands-on Training Stations Recognized in ACCME Newsletter
- View This Month’s Featured Careers