Latest Update on Venom Extract Shortage
A venom extract shortage was reported in late 2016 due to ALK-Abelló A/S experiencing a manufacturing delay in regards to its venom products. In response the AAAAI and ACAAI put together a task force, the result of which was a report outlining recommendations for our members which could lead to a reduction in consumption of the product.
We have been made aware that ALK now has a stable supply of inventory for the following products:
- Honey Bee (6 x 1ml) Single Dose Vials
- Wasp (6 x 1ml) Single Dose Vials
- Mixed Vespid (6 x 1ml) Single Dose Vials
ALK stated that they made the decision to only manufacture single dose vials in order to maximize production capabilities and supply. Their goal is to have all species available as soon as possible, but an exact timeframe for that is unknown at the moment.
If you have questions or would like additional information, contact ALK’s Sales Support Department at (800) 325-7354 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Claim Your Credits from the 2018 AAAAI/WAO Joint Congress
- Become a Deputy Editor for The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- Venom Extracts Will Not Be Interrupted/Reduced
- Submit Your Ideas for the 2019 Annual Meeting
- Register for the 2018 Practice Management Workshop
- Check Out Our New Online Courses Available for CME/CE Credit
- Did You Run for Research? See Your Race Time.
- Application Period Extended: Join Leading A/I Experts at the Hypersensitivity Summer School
- You Can Still Catch Sessions with the Virtual Joint Congress
- Register for the ACAAI/AAAAI Joint Board Review Course Before It Sells Out
- We Can Help You Find the Next Step in Your Career