Joint Congress Updates: Keynote Speaker Announced, Abstract and Case Report Submissions Due August 31
Introducing Keynote Speaker Linda S. Birnbaum, PhD
The AAAAI is pleased to announce the keynote speaker for the 2018 AAAAI/WAO Joint Congress will be Linda S. Birnbaum, PhD. Birnbaum is the Director of the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), one of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and the National Toxicology Program (NTP).
Birnbaum is the first toxicologist and the first woman to lead the NIEHS/NTP. She has spent most of her career as a federal scientist and has received numerous awards and recognitions, including being elected to the Institute of Medicine of the National Academies in October 2010.
Birnbaum’s own research and many of her publications focus on the pharmacokinetic behavior of environmental chemicals, mechanisms of actions of toxicants including endocrine disruption, and linking of real-world exposures to health effects.
She also serves as an adjunct professor in the Gillings School of Global Public Health, the Curriculum in Toxicology, and the Department of Environmental Sciences and Engineering at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, as well as in the Integrated Toxicology Program at Duke University.
Her keynote will take place Saturday, March 3 at 3:30 pm. Stay tuned for updates on the topic of the keynote.
The Submission Period for Abstracts and Case Reports Closes Soon
Abstracts and case reports for consideration at the 2018 AAAAI/WAO Joint Congress must be submitted at the Joint Congress website by August 31 at 11:59 pm CT.
Research presentations are an important part of the Joint Congress, contributing significantly to the overall scientific content of the meeting and providing an excellent opportunity to share findings with other delegates. Accepted abstracts will be presented at the 2018 AAAAI/WAO Joint Congress and published in a supplement to The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (JACI).
The 2018 Joint Congress will also include a special, one-time only Case Report Poster Session. This forum will provide the opportunity to share novel/challenging allergy/immunology patient care experiences with Joint Congress attendees. Accepted case reports will not be published in the JACI but will be made available after the meeting on WAO’s website. The case report poster presentation submission will also close August 31.
For questions on abstract or case report submission, contact the AAAAI executive office at (414) 272-6071 or email email@example.com.
Mark your calendar now. Late breaking abstract submission is scheduled to begin October 30 and will close November 13.
- Boxed Warning on Asthma-Related Death Removed from Drugs Containing LABAs and ICS
- Check Out the New, Interactive Course on Allergen Immunotherapy
- Find Your Niche at Sessions Held before the Joint Congress
- Tour the New Continuing Education Center at the Education Station in Orlando
- Meet the AAAAI and AAAAI Foundation Named Lectureship Recipients
- Attend Joint Congress Workshops Hosted by JACI and JACI: In Practice
- See Your Research on the JACI: In Practice Website More Quickly
- Application Period Closing Soon! Apply for the 2018 AAAAI Hypersensitivity Summer School
- Pre-order Today and Get a Deal on the 2018 Virtual Joint Congress
- Feeling Anxious about Taking the Boards Next Year?
- Take a Look at this Month’s Featured Jobs