Celebrate Asthma Awareness Month with the AAAAI – Join Us Online!
On Tuesday, May 5 at 1 pm EDT, join the AAAAI and the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA), for a Twitter Chat to answer questions about asthma and asthma control. To join the conversation, be sure to follow @AAFANational and @AAAAI_org on Twitter and use the hashtag #Asthma2015 in your messages during the chat. No registration is required.
Stay for a second Twitter Chat directly after the AAFA Chat on Tuesday, May 5 at 2 pm EDT with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). To join the conversation, be sure to follow @CDCEnvironment and @EPAlive on Twitter and use the hashtag #Asthmachat2015 in your messages during the chat. Again, no registration is required.
Other Asthma Awareness Activities
How can we educate the public, patients and providers about what allergist/immunologists do and who we are?
To start, AAAAI President Robert F. Lemanske, Jr., MD, FAAAAI, has created the AAAAI Office of School-based Management of Asthma and Allergic/Immunologic Diseases. Its first task is to develop and implement AAAAI-initiated programs to facilitate getting asthma action plans to school nurses and other school personnel responsible for delivering asthma care to grade school children. Dr. Lemanske’s initiatives also involve creating a stand-alone AAAAI meeting to provide allergy/immunology specialists with the tools they need to be recognized as the foremost experts in the use of biologics and immunoinflammatory modulating agents to treat asthma. Learn more about Dr. Lemanske’s asthma-centered presidential initiatives in this message.
Also, consider reaching out to a local newspaper or TV station. A sample pitch letter is provide below, as well as links to other resources.
- Pitch Letter Template
- Marketing and Promoting Your Practice in the Practice Management Resource Guide
- Create a free AsthmaCommunityNetwork.org account and view the EPA Event Planning Kit
Remember, members and patients can access educational materials in the Asthma Library – many are designed for members to personalize content with their own contact information. Tips to Remember, articles, signs, posters, quizzes, etc., are ready at your fingertips.
Join a free webinar about "Connecting Providers and Communities to Engage Consumers in Asthma Care" on May 20, hosted by the EPA and America's Health Insurance Plans.
Looking for new ways to interact with your younger patients? You can find childhood activities, like games, puzzles, storybooks and coloring books in the "Just For Kids" area of the website. In addition, stay tuned for new patient education videos (including instructions for using inhalers) which will be uploaded later this month!
- Joint Congress Updates: Early Bird Pricing Ends Tomorrow, Abstracts Now Available
- Visit the Education Station or Practice Resources Corner in Orlando
- View the 2018 Honorary Award Recipients
- Last Chance to Pre-Register for AAAAI Foundation Events
- Have You Renewed Your Membership for 2018?
- Coming Soon: Prepare Your 2019 Annual Meeting Proposals and Register for the Practice Management Workshop
- Limited Availability: Register for ACAAI/AAAAI Joint Board Review Course Today
- View February’s Featured Jobs and Attend the Career Connections Job Fair